Here is a real grocery list you’d find on a fitness model or bodybuilders nutrition plan. This would be a general list for you to remember which items to pick up to improve your overall eating to look better workout after workout.
By adding these type of foods into your daily nutrition, you’ll start to think your “training” is working better.
Training works good but it’s not until you experience what eating cleaner can do for you. Super fast.
This is for someone regularly getting 3-5 weight training workouts in a week and maybe some cardio after or on the off days. This isn’t a pre competition diet or super strict diet, this is to transform a person who trains and gets ok results to someone who trains and wants better results by eating a bit cleaner starting now.
Actual grocery list from Sams Club
- Bag of Frozen Ahi Tuna Steaks(Thaw a few out before eating raw or cooking briefly on each side)
- 1 Pineapple
- Extra Lean Ground Beef(96 protein to 4 fat, or 90, 10 if they don’t have the first one)
- Thin crust kosher pizzas(Made natural with a high protein thin crust and peppers and spinach for toppings)
- 6 lbs of peter pan peanut butter. (Almond butter is better for you, but I think it tastes like shit). So I stick with peanut butter.
- Big box of Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal(Regular oatmeal with fruit is the best, but I won’t eat regular oatmeal because it’s too bland so I eat the maple brown sugar kind and cut out the sugars in other areas.
- Spanish olives(some foods like these don’t really help you or hurt you, I just like to snack on them)
- 2 gallons of Fairlife high protein, low sugar chocolate milk(used with egg white liquid in a glass after each workout)
- big box of egg white liquid containers.
- Bag of potatoes. (Sweet potatoes are the best for you but I hate them, so the next best thing is regular potatoes because I love those with omega 3 butter.)
- Steaks for the grill
- Low fat cottage cheese(mix it with pineapple pieces)
- 2 boxes of Quest Protein Chips(These arent at sams club, but I stop at vitamin shoppe to buy them. They don’t taste exactly like chips, but good enough to snack on and enjoy. But way healthier than chips and high in protein.
- Broccoli to dip in hummus( I do alot of snacking. I eat less bigger meals, but snack alot in between of the meals I do eat. So I need to make sure snacking stays pretty clean but still tasty.
- Peeled garlic gloves
- Condoms(you know it bro) Just Kidding. Don’t need those these days. Ughhh what?
- 1 lb bag of beef jerky
- Bags of sunflower seeds. I eat the shells too, they are high in fiber but mostly because I just like eating the shells….
- Box of green tea bags. I try to drink a cup of green tea before bed. I know it has a bit of caffeine in it, but honestly I drink so much coffee and pre workout caffeine, I don’t think it does much at the point. If you can do it, do it. It’s a good fat burner.
- Rice Packets. Usually jasmine if white, or brown. Usually instant too because I hate waiting to cook stuff a while, especially rice.
- Chicken Breasts to grill. Always thin cut style, I hate big fluffy breasts. Except if they fall out of a shirt, ya digg. I’m not a perv, I swear. Spray them with liquid amino spray, and rub old bay into it to cook on the grill.
- Liquid amino spray.
- Asparagus spears to grill.( I don’t care asparagus too much, but it is so good at getting the water out of your skin, I add it in when I can. Especially if I need to look very lean in the weeks ahead. Besides that though, Id rather have a baked potato on the side or some green beans. But seriously, asparagus is the best for bodybuilding so try to eat it up often if you can. Or whenever you need to turn it up.
- 24 pack of Orange Sunrise by Monster Energy.(I love these orange energy drinks by monster. They are sugar and carb free, and have taurine in them. It supposed to reduce muscle cramps. I don’t know if it works or not, but it seems too. But I just love the taste of these and the energy boost.
- Pack of Trident gum that makes your teeth whiter. I always gotta chew gum while working out, so I don’t grit my teeth when pushing hard, it helps to calm down the headaches I think.
That’s about it for now. I don’t buy everything on there every time I go, but that’s a general list of some things you want to pick up for yourself to stay clean.