Heyyyyaaaa. I’m going to give you guys exactly what I did to prep for C-in2 Underwears new line called “Hard” shot by celebrity photographer Rick Day.
To get ready for these photos and video, I wanted to be a little bigger muscularity wise than usual. But I didn’t want to risk losing any definition either at the same time. The theme of it involves to intense, warriors fighting full speed so I wanted to look the part.
Training for it, I reduced by workouts to 4 days a week with weights instead of 5. This allows more rest and allows me to train heavier and recover. I focued on going heavy for trap and shoulder exercises, but besides that, the actual training only varies a little.
Cardio wise, instead of none, I increased it to 20 minutes after each workout at max intensity. The goal there is to just start adding some fat burning 20 minutes at a time. If I needed more as I went by how I look, I will go from there and incrase it to 30 minutes,45, or 60 minutes at the end of each weight training workout.
My diet was on point(glad it’s over), so I didn’t have to do anymore than 20 minutes each workout. Abs were coming out just fine and I didn’t want to risk losing muscle in this case.
My diet for C-in2 shoot prep was this
- 2 tilapia filets with either broccoli, asparagus, or brown rice.
- a steak with either brown rice asparagus or broccoli
- grilled chicken pieces in a spinach and veggie salad with oil and vinagar dressing.
- plain greek yogurt mixed with a heated teaspoon of peanut butter and banana slices for a snack
- celery with peanut butter as a snack
- lots of sunflower seeds, almonds, and walnuts as a snack
- gallon of water a day, mostly consumed during my workout with creatine,amino acids to add flavor and get a good pump during workout.
- Lots of hard boiled eggs with a bit of hot sauce. Mostly removing the yolks, but keeping the yolks for every 4 eggs or so to give me needed healthy fats.
- Lots of hot tea with a little splenda or coffee
- Lots of blueberries,rasberries,or blackberries for snacks
7 days away from shoot day, I keep carbs low and under 50 grams a day. Then reduce it to under 25 for the last couple days. Then once I am carb depleted, the night before the shoot I will stop all water intake.
Then the morning of the shoot, I loaded carbs by eating a few big pancakes with powedered sugar and strawberries. Cut water to only sippling a little bit on a sugar free Nitric Oxide and caffeine drink.
If you keep these food options in your diet for 7-14 days, you will start seeing some good results.
If you cut carbs and sodium just enough to be depleted, you will start burning alot of fat with any cardio you do.
If you carb load correctly once you quit water, you will look good.
Remember to always train your legs hard, this will help you always be burning alot of extra fat since your leg muscles are so big compared to all body parts.
If you’re like me, and eating 7 small meals a day is insane. It might even make you say screw all of this if after a while. That’s why I don’t do it. I eat the key meals above, 2 or 3 a day. And I do ALOT of snacking on nuts, berries, and hard boiled eggs with hot sauce. You should eat alot of high protein/ low zero carb foods when dieting to look your best, but don’t avoid healthy fats either as you need this just as much as protein. Fats like fish oils in fish, avovado added to your salads, and olive oil in your cooking.
Follow these tips and you will start noticing much faster results then normal. Don’t be afraid to have a high carb day or a cheat meal after a bunch of straight dieting days. It will be big for your motivation and strength in the gym.
I’ll post the new video and pics when they come out to show you guys.
Bare Fit Sweat Proof Workout Shirts Made For The Gym.
Follow @ChuckStrogish twitter.
Chuck Strogish Fitness Prep For C-in2 Underwear Shoot With Rick Day